Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Things

And they're all rolled into one. First off, we've got the GAP, unfortunately my coiture of choice. Then we've got an aging-yet-still-hot Sarah Jessica Parker in a catfight with an aging-yet-still-not-legal Joss Stone. Top that off with the allure of big advertising bucks and we've got what I like to call a dream come true.

It seems that although SJP is viewed as one of the fashion mavens of Hollywood these days, that is still not enough to convince GAP to keep her aboard as their spokesmodel. Instead, they're going for a younger, slightly thicker though perhaps more talented (so I hear) star (so I don't hear, but maybe someday soon) whom they hope will attract more people from the right demographics. I didn't realize that the GAP's prime demographic was 17-year-old girls, what with their new business-line and all, but then again in this economy it's only a matter of time before teenagers are back in the workplace, with Lewis Hine close behind.

Well, I promised you a catfight, so here it is:

"Sarah's spring campaign for Gap has only just started and she felt the announcement of her replacement in the same week that the new ads are appearing is a bit of a snub," one friend said.

"Joss is not only a teenager, she's also a virtual unknown. Had her replacement been a big star, perhaps Sarah wouldn't have minded so much."

Ok, not so big a catfight, but come on, SJP!

You can check some of the financial stuff behind the issue (I'm in an Econ. class, so sue me) here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home