Friday, December 03, 2004

Kerik to Head Up Homeland Security

Eh, I don't have to much response to this. He was part of the Giuliani regime in New York, though he did handle September 11th quite well in my opinion (that is, if you overlook the gross unpreparedness of the NYPD leading up to the attacks). Whatever, as far as I can tell the only job the head of Homeland Security has is to pick what color alert we are under. Sounds tough.

You can read all about Kerik's appointment here

I should point out my favorite Kerik quote in the days leading up to the election in which he all but said that if Kerry is elected there will be another terrorist attack. I guess Kerik's got a chance to put his money with his mouth is.


"If you put Sen. Kerry in the White House, I think you are going to see that happen ... and I don't want to see another Sept. 11."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The articles coming out about Kerik aren't very comforting. They're saying that he's not the right guy for the job. The Republicans just want to give him a high profile so he can run to replace Corzine after Corzine becomes Governor.

New York Daily News -- Kerik's got a big futureNew York Daily News -- Kerik's bully historyThe New York Times -- Questions for Mr. KerikThe Associated Press -- Kerik made millions from agency contractor- Danny

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home